Monday, July 03, 2006

hit and run

they are implicating me in a vehicular accident today at malugay st., makati city.


i was on my way to work and turned left in a one way street when i heard a loud screeching sound behind me. i saw a L300 van hit a parked pajero. when i realized i am no part of the accident, i continued on.


then they chased me, accusing me of hit and run. hit and run? i did run. but i didnt hit anything. weird. but somehow, i felt guilty. it didn't help that the two parties involved ganged up on me.


a police report, phone number exchanging, photo-copied OR-CRs and licenses and 2 hours later, i was able to return to the office. the police argued i shouldn't have been implicated in the first place. the worst that they can accuse me is a petty traffic regulation.


whew! whattanight! i felt so alone and helpless when i was in the precinct. but the cop who handled the case reassured me. and though the affected parties insisted on giving me a ticket, i was not given one. the presiding cop decided to let me go, car unscratched and ticketless. he did not even ask for the proverbial "pakipkip."


it brought my faith back to the system. 


well... not really.


just to a certain conclusion that not all those in uniform ignore their conscience.  

No comments: